Iracambi respects your privacy. We collect information to provide services to you, update you on the impact of your contributions, and communicate about news and opportunities to get involved. Iracambi recognizes that we must maintain and use your information responsibly.
This policy describes what personal data we collect, how we use it, and your choices.
You can access your data, edit your preferences, download your data, or revoke consent by visiting your account. Except for the purposes outlined below, we will not trade, share, or sell your personal data with anyone. Refer to the policy for complete details.
- Information We Collect
- Use of Information
- Disclosure of Personal Data
- Information about Children
- Your Rights
- Links to Other Websites
- Safeguarding Your Information
- Data Storage
- Contact Us
This policy applies to information collected by Iracambi through all channels, including online and offline donations.
Iracambi.com is operated by Iracambi, a 501(c)3 organization (EIN: 30-0108263) based in Rosário da Limeira, Minas Gerais, Brazil. (501(c)3 probably isn’t the right organization classification here because it would be whatever the Brazilian equivalent is)
Information We Collect
Information Collected from Website Visitors
You may choose to interact with our Website by entering data into form fields and providing personal data to Iracambi, such as giving us your name, email address, and password when signing up for an account, filling out an application, making a donation, or creating an account to post comments on pages, projects, or our blog.
Information Collected from Registered Users
We collect information when you create an account on our Website, edit your account information, donate to a project, apply to join Iracambi as an organization, or send or use a gift card, as described below.
Creating an Account:
When you create an account on our Website, we collect basic information about you – your name and email address. You can choose to provide additional information, such as your mailing address, a photo, favorite projects, etc., if you create a profile.
Making a Donation:
When you make an online donation on iracambi.com, we collect personal data such as your name, billing address, and email address, if you have not previously provided these details during a prior session. We collect information about your donation, including the project you are donating to and the amount of your donation. We also collect (but do not retain) credit card numbers which are processed by a third-party payment vendor subject to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. If you use PayPal, Apple Pay, or a similar service, their use of your information is based on their terms of service and policies, not ours, so we encourage you to review those policies carefully.
When you give a Gift Card, we collect payment and contact information from you, as well as the name, email address, and mailing address of your recipient. You may create a personal message to the recipient, which is stored on our servers. Except in the limited circumstances described below, we do not read or use your personal messages.
If you are the recipient of a Gift Card, we collect information from you when you redeem the Card to make a donation. Please note that we may share this information with the individual or entity who gave you the gift card.
Donations in Honor/Memory of Someone:
When you make a donation in honor or memory of a loved one, we collect payment and contact information about you, as well as the name, email address, and mailing address of the recipient. You may create a personal message to the recipient, which is stored on our servers. Except in the limited circumstances described below, we do not read or use your personal messages.
Contests, Promotions, and Surveys:
Periodically, Iracambi may invite you to participate in contests, take advantage of special promotions, and complete online surveys. If you have created an Iracambi account or profile, information we collect from these contests, promotions, and surveys may be associated with you personally.
Information Obtained From Other Sources
We may obtain information about you from public records and from databases like OFAC when conducting due diligence on nonprofit organization or conducting fraud prevention checks on donations.
Use of Information
Iracambi uses the personal data that you provide or we obtain, and the technical information logged by our servers to process your donations, to:
- Process your donations, contact you regarding any questions related to your donation, mail gift cards related to your donation (if applicable), and ensure that Gift Aid can be claimed (if you are eligible). Use of this data is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us in connection with your donation. If you do not provide the necessary data to us or our payment service provider, we will not be able to process your donation.
- Comply with our legal obligations (for example, we are required to pass relevant data to the HMRC or other competent authority for Gift Aid claims, to review organizations to comply with OFAC regulations).
- Send you updates on how your donation has been used, project appeals, newsletters, events, matching opportunities, information about Iracambi, and projects we think we think will be of interest to you. We will we will only send you this information by email if you consent to us doing so at the time you provide us with your personal data. You may opt out of receiving such emails by following the instructions contained in each email we send you. You can also unsubscribe from Iracambi communications by logging into your account and editing your preferences (general account settings can be accessed at (put in appropriate link); email preferences can be accessed at (put in appropriate link)).
- As necessary for certain legitimate interests, which include the following:
- Notify your friends and family about your donation in their honor if you ask us to;
- Using the technical information logged by our servers when you visit our Website (described above) to improve your experience on our Website (such as remembering your name, the items in your Cart, or your preferences) and preventing fraudulent activity;
- If you ask us to delete your data or to be removed from our marketing lists and we are required to fulfil your request, we will keep basic data to identify you and prevent further unwanted processing;
- We may anonymize the information that we collect and use such anonymized data for statistical and market research purposes, including sharing it with affiliates, business partners, and academic researchers;
- Operate the Website and our business; and
- Compile aggregate statistics that allow us to understand how visitors or registered users use our Website, and to make improvements in design and content to better serve you.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We will share your personal data with our agents, representatives, service providers and contractors in order to process your donations, offer you services in connection with our Website, communicate news and information about Iracambi, provide customer service, mail gift cards, notify the project(s) you elect to support about your donation, claiming Gift Aid from UK government, and complete financial transactions.
These service providers are authorized to use your personal data only to the extent necessary to serve these purposes, or as otherwise authorized by this policy. Except for the purposes outlined herein, we will not trade, share, or sell a donor’s personal data with anyone else.
Unless you ask us not to, we share your personal data under the following circumstances:
- When you make a donation that is part of a campaign sponsored by your employer, and/or when your employer is being asked to match your donation, we will share your name, email address and the amount of you donation with your employer.
- Each time you make a donation, however, we will give you the opportunity to tell us not to share your personal data in the ways described above (except in the case of employer matched donations) by selecting to be “anonymous” during the checkout process.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data in the following circumstances: (1) we need to respond to a subpoena, court order or legal process, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (2) an emergency situation requires disclosure before your permission can be obtained (e.g., situations involving potential threats to personal safety), or; (3) we determine that disclosure is needed to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of another person, in which case we will implement appropriate safeguards to ensure that your personal data continues to be protected.
We may share aggregated demographic and statistical information with our other partners. This is not linked to any personal data that can identify any individual person.
Like most websites, our servers automatically collect certain technical information when you visit our Website, including your IP address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, the referring URL, and, if you have visited our Website before, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We also collect information about your activities on the Website, such as the pages you access.
In order to collect this information, the Website places a cookie on your hard drive. A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. We also use web beacons and other technologies to track usage patterns.
We use several tools to collect information about use of this Website. These tools collect information such as how often you visit this Website, what pages you visit when you do so, what elements you interact with, what other sites you used prior to coming to this Website, or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests). We use the information we get from these tools to improve our Website, for website analysis and statistics and respond to service requests you make.
Information about Children
Iracambi.com is a general audience website and does not collect information about a visitor’s age.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal data about children under the age of 16.
Right to access: You can access your account information or make changes or updates at any time by going to the My Account page. We do our best to keep your data accurate and up to date, to the extent that you provide us with the information we need to do so. If your data changes (for example, if you have a new email address), then you are responsible for notifying us of those changes.
Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the information that we have. User can submit a email to email@example.com.
Right to erasure: If you wish to delete your account or have you information removed from our system, you can do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For privacy and security, requests must come from the email address tied to your account.
Right to rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your personal data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your personal data so you can contact them directly.
Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you. We will give you your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
Upon request, we will provide you with a copy of the information that we have. User can submit a email to email@example.com.
Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal data, and we will do so:
- If we are processing your personal data for direct marketing.
Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing of your data that has already taken place.
Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your personal data, you can report it to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (details on how to do so can be found on the ICO’s website) or other data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
In addition, when you create an account or profile on our Site, you can decide whether to make some or all of that information public or private. You can change your choices at any time using the My Profile page.
We will retain donor’s information for as long as donor’s account is active or as long as needed to provide our services. We may also retain and use your personal data in order to comply with our contractual or legal obligations, audit requirements, resolve disputes, and prevent abuse.
Links to Other Websites
You should take additional steps to safeguard your personal data online. To learn more about how to protect yourself, visit the Federal Trade Commission website (US) or the Information Commissioner’s Office (UK).
Safeguarding Your Information
Iracambi understands the importance of keeping your information secure and confidential. We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal data.
You may contact us by using the “Contact Us” links on the footer of our Website or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We try to reply promptly to every message we receive. This information is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. We also may file your comments and share them with our customer care team to improve our service in the future.
LAST MODIFIED: AUGUST 1, 2018